Kamis, 02 Agustus 2012

Olympics Maybe? Carly Rae Jepsen, More Celebs Go For Gold

With the Olympics underway, the athletes dominate the pop culture conversation, momentarily taking away headlines from some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry.

But, these pop stars don't seem to mind sharing the spotlight with the world's greatest jumpers, swimmers, ping pong players and gymnasts. While some athletes continue to break records (we're looking at you Michael Phelps), some of music's top talent ponder what they would play if they ditched music for the Olympics.

There's still some time before the London games wrap up on August 12, so these singers and musicians might want to make their last-minute Olympic bids.

"I always used to love watching the track events. It's really, really cool," Boys Like Girls' frontman Martin Johnson told MTV News. "Or, like the long jump or something interesting, some sort of field event."

Up-and-coming pop sensation Austin Mahone has an usual event he'd like to participate in, even if it has yet to qualify as one. "Underwater basket weaving," he explained. "I like to swim and I'm a good weaver."

Meanwhile, VMA nominee Carly Rae Jepsen made it clear that she has no athletic skills for the Olympics. "I think if I was in the Olympics, it would just be to sing one of the national anthems," she said. "I'm so the opposite of sporty, unfortunately. I really appreciate a good athlete, but I can't say that I am one."

There is one chap that does however have a viable Olympic talent to his credit. "When I was in school I always used to win the discus," British singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran recalled. "I don't know why cause I'm not a very built guy, but discus was good."

Of course of all the talent we spoke to, Ed is the closest to actually being in the Olympics. He's rumored to be one of the many performers during the closing ceremony in less than two weeks.

"I was told not to say anything about that, and then as soon as I was told not to say anything about that, it was in the Daily Mail the next day. It was a bit odd," he explained. "The closing ceremony, there were rumors I am playing the closing ceremony. Those rumors may or may not be true."

What Olympic event would you like to participate in? Let us know in the comments!

Free Phone Sex